Uganda Technical College-Elgon Background:
, Artisan Training Centre, to train First World War veterans in technical skills. After a long time of existence, it was later elevated to Elgon Technical Institute in 1972 to offer Technical Certificate Courses in Engineering Craft programmes.
In 1984, it was upgraded to a Tertiary Institution, Uganda Technical College, to offer Diploma Courses in engineering fields, in addition to the Craft courses. The College has attained competence in training of students to diploma level, and it is planned that it transforms into a Center of Excellence in construction trades.
"To excel in developing innovative and enterprising technicians for sustainable development".
"To equip students with relevant knowledge and skills in engineering, science and leading-age technology to employers’ satisfaction; self-sustainability and national development through employer-led training; and use of appropriate technology, industrial collaboration and continuous assessment".
Our Core Values
As UTC-Elgon fulfills its mission, there are values and ideals that guide its day-to-day operations. These are shown below:
• We demonstrate discipline and dedication in all that we do.
- Team work
• We will strive to solve problems and celebrate victories as a team.
• We will treat our clients and staff with integrity at all times.
• We are all accountable to someone for our efforts.
• We will strive to empower people to make decisions in their realm of responsibility.