UGANDA TECHNICAL COLLEGE ELGON LIBRARY
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8:00AM. TO 9:45PM.
SATURDAYS 9:00AM. TO 1:00PM
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS CLOSED
SEMESTER RECESS MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9:00AM. TO 1:00PM.
In order to become a member of the Library and hence enjoy all services in the Library, one must first register. To register with the Library, the interested student presents the following:
- A photocopy of the first page of their Admission Letter
- A photocopy of and the original Registration Card from the Academic Registrar
- Two recently taken passport size photographs.
After registration, the User will be issued with a Library card.
The Library has books on all the programmes offered at the College. It also receives newspapers on a daily basis and boasts of well-organized question banks.
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. USERS: ONLY COLLEGE STUDENTS AND STAFF
2. SILENCE MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES IN THE LIBRARY
- Switch off your phone or put it in silent mode before entering the Library
3. BORROWED MATERIALS:
i. Any borrowed material should be returned not later than 12:00 noon on the date indicated in the borrowed material, otherwise, it will attract an overdue fine of shillings five hundred (500) per day per book, a suspension from using the Library for a specified period of time or both. A loan day ends at noon of the date indicated in the borrowed item. Fines are paid in the bank on the College account.
ii. A User is entitled to having not more than two (02) books from the Library at a given time. This arrangement is subject to demand and the number of copies available in the Library.
iii. Only fully enrolled students will be allowed to borrow books from the Library. Present your registration card from the Academic Registrar and Library card when you come to borrow books.
4. TEARING, VANDALISING, MUTILATING, WRITING IN THE BOOKS, GLUING, CELLOTAPING BOOKS IS FORBIDDEN. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THIS WILL LEAD TO ONE REPLACING THE AFFECTED BOOK WITH A NEW COPY
5. CASES, BAGS, COATS, SWEATERS, JACKETS, GUMBOOTS, HATS AND SLIPPERS ARE PROHIBITED IN THE LIBRARY.
6. BOOKS MUST BE HANDLED WITH CARE. DO NOT CARRY PERSONAL PROPERTY IN THE LIBRARY BOOKS.
7. LIBRARY BOOKS, PERIODICALS AND OTHER INFORMATION MATERIALS USED IN THE LIBRARY MUST BE RETURNED TO WHERE THEY WERE BORROWED FROM.
8. SMOKING, FOOD AND DRINK CONSUMPTION ARE FORBIDDEN IN ALL PARTS OF THE LIBRARY.
9. PERSONAL VALUABLES MUST NOT BE LEFT IN THE LIBRARY. THE LIBRARY STAFF WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SECURITY.
10 ACTS OF THEFT SHALL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE LIBRARY.
❖ FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL LEAD TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION TO BE TAKEN AGAINST THE OFFENDER.
Contacts: Librarian : +256 782 477 274
Assistant Librarian: +256 779 384 968
email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org